Sunday, November 6, 2011

Science experiment and sprinkler

I have been trying to do some fun project with the girls once a week after school and thanks to pinterest, I have been able to find some way fun ideas. This past week we decided to do a baking powder and vinegar experiment. So, I got the pan ready with little mounds of baking powder and the girls squeeze bottles full of vinegar and we headed outside to see what happens. They chose some colors to add to the piles of baking powder and then they squeezed out some vinegar to watch the bubbles and "volcanoes" flow. It was fun and they really enjoyed it. The pan all ready. I love Addie's face in this. She is impressed with just the piles.Squeezing out the vinegar and watching the bubbles. So cool!!Then they wanted to play in it, so I let them.We then decided that it was pretty warm out and that the sprinkler would be fun. The grass here is pretty prickly, so we put the sprinkler in the driveway. They loved it. I thought for it being the end of October, it was pretty fun!They then found some balloon ends that floated. Then they realized that they could race them in the crack of the cement. So fun and so cool that they can float like that. The girls were loving this and it kept them busy for quite a long time.Ready, set, go!Here they are telling their balloons to go!!! and Win!! It was a fun little afternoon. I just hope that the girls can remember these fun times, because I sure do!

No comments: