Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sea World

Over Labor Day Weekend, we decided to take advantage of the nice weather and the places we live close to and headed down to Austin and San Antonio for the weekend. On Friday we got into Austin just in time to head downtown to the congress bridge where over 1 million Mexican bats fly out at the same time every night. It was pretty cool/gross/neat to see so many of them. It takes them over 1/2 hour to fly out from under the bridge and a lot of people go there every night just to see it happen. Here is our picture of the bats. Awesome....I know.
On Saturday we headed down to San Antonio where we hit up Sea World. Geoff and I were pretty hesitant to go and do this with the girls being so young, but we are soooo glad that we did. It was definitely the highlight of the trip. We all had a blast and would probably do it again if we could. Here are a few pics of the adventure.Macie on the Merry go Round.Addie and Geoff on the Merry go Round.Here are the Sea Lions. They were hilarious. It was so fun to watch them. Geoff and I found it so fascinating how well they train these animals.Here they are waiting for the Sea Lion show to start. This was Macie's favorite show. This is all she would talk about. She thought that it was hilarious.This is what Macie and Addie were doing almost the entire show. Quite funny. She just could not believe what she was seeing!!And this Sea Lion was just Huge!! I am sure that it weighs a ton and it was actually quite ugly.Here are the girls and Geoff on another ride. I was pretty positive that Addie would NOT like this ride and I was right. But, she did alot better than I thought she would, however she chose not to go on it again.This is another show. It had the dolphins and the acrobats and some of these beautiful beluga whales. It was seriously so neat. Again, Geoff and I were left completely baffled at how they can do this type of thing with such animals.Here are the girls during this show. They are in their swim suits because we had just gotten done with the swim park there and we were still wet.And here are the dolphins.
On Sunday we headed to the Alamo and Riverwalk. It was interesting to see, but hard with 2 little girls that were completely exhausted from the day before. I mean, Macie was crying that she was tired after walking for only 5 minutes. So, we didn't last to long.The Alamo.The girls at a pond inside the Alamo. This was, naturally, their favorite part.Here we are on the Riverwalk in San Antonio. They are on a bridge over the river.The last thing that we did was take a boat ride through the riverwalk. It was very beautiful and interesting. After the boat ride, the girls were done, so we called it a day and headed home. It was a very fun trip and we had a great time.

3 comments:

Amy S said...

Next time you go to Sea World buy a season pass, its just a tiny more money than the regular tickets. If you go one more time then you've paid for it. We love Sea World maybe sometime we could meet up there. Glad you guys had fun!

Lacy said...

We just did this last year over labor day weekend! I flew down to San Antonio with my boys and met Jeremy while at military training…We also LOVED Seaworld, and also did the river walk and a few other things. Glad you enjoyed it!

Nik said...

And you didn't call me???!!! You were down in my neck of the dry, dry woods. :) Hope you had a great time!